Using SyntBots™ To Accelerate DevOps for a Leading Insurer >>
The U.S.-based subsidiary of a leading Canadian insurer, was seeking strategies to simplify its DevOps. The existing application deployment process was an inefficient and arduous manual task with complex dependencies.
Syntel collaborated with the client to address its timeline issues by leveraging the SyntBotsTM for DevOps solution to drastically reduce manual efforts and turnaround time, and to deliver faster releases with enhanced quality.
- Cumbersome processes driven by manual intervention for code promotion
- Validation of deployment in the staging environment
- Unacceptably long timelines with the existing cycle taking ~4 days
Syntel's team of insurance experts and technical analysts leveraged SyntBotsTM to create an automated build and deploy process.
Take a look at Syntel’s successful solution:
- Automated builds and deployments integrated with Apache Ant — an open source build automation tool
- Created a nightly build using an automated job scheduler — Unix Cron — to execute the application builds and deploy code from the repository
- Eliminated the staging process by providing support for developers to validate changes in the nightly build
- Distributed the code across environments with an automatic notifications
- Implemented a unified SyntBotsTM release dashboard with a customized user interface (UI) for a consolidated view of the build and deployment status and for faster decision-making
- 50% Improvement in quality of service through effective performance
- 93% reduction in TAT, from 4 days to 7 hours
- Eliminated manual efforts and human errors
- Reduced the waiting period for testing