Jump to navigation
- Began a Skill Development Program for Youth at locations across India, providing training and employment opportunities at Syntel
- Organized food, clothing and supply donations as part of flood relief efforts for victims in Chennai, India.
- S’Prayas named a finalist in the NASSCOM Social Innovation Honours by the NASSCOM Foundation
- Began offering online Khan Academy courses to students at S’Prayas computer learning centers
- Inaugurated a new computer lab and library in the disadvantaged Dharavi area of Mumbai
- Piloted a new mentoring program – pairing children one-on-one with S'Prayas volunteers to develop literacy, language, and healthy living skills
- Organized holiday gift donation drives in India and U.S. offices for disadvantaged children
- Earned the 2008-2009 Award of Excellence for Corporate Social Responsibility by the Indian Educational Society-Mumbai.
- Opened a new computer learning center in Dehu, a rural village near Pune, India
- Launched the first S’Prayas Learning Center in a suburb of Mumbai, offering education programs, kindergarten, computer literacy and English classes for children in the community
- Opened a health clinic near Mumbai, providing free medicine and low-cost medical checkups two days per week
- Opened computer learning centers at Mumbai and Pune area schools, providing computer literacy programs for up to 500 students